I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

May 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

rules
1) each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves
2) people who're tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things & post these rules
3) at the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged & list their names
4) don't forget to leave a comment telling them they're tagged & asking them to read your blog

Eight things about me:

1) I love the outdoors. I find tons of inspiration in woody settings, forest-type landscapes, etc. I don't know why, but I always feel close to god when I see that type of landscape, and I feel really full and peaceful. It's crazy... I know!

2) My favorite verse is Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God. The first time I read that verse, I almost started crying. I was really stressed at the time, and when I read it, I felt like God was talking straight to me. Now, anytime I feel mixed up, upset, stressed, or just need to feel God, I just start conteplating that verse and all that it contains in those 8 words, and I am immediately calmed. It's an awesome feeling!

3) I love songs that tell stories. Songs like 'American Dream' by Casting Crowns, and 'The Christmas Shoes' are my favorites. For some reason, it seems to me that it's great how people can write a whole story in 3 minutes.

4) I love learning about how people think. I like to get inside people's minds; see how they think, and how they react to different situations. It fascinates me! Usually, if I get really good, I can anticipate what people are going to do, or what they're going to say.

5) If I could have any job in the world, I would act. I love acting and portraying other people. I know that it's a very risky business, because most people don't make it, but hey... "Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!"

6) I think I was born in the wrong time. I would love to have been born in the monarchy times of Western Europe (France, the UK, something like that.)

7) I detest my name!!!! I find the name 'Brittany' incredibly boring and repulsive. I wish I could have a name like 'Summer', 'Hadassah', or 'Brook'. (Hadassah is Esther's jewish name) Because I was adopted, my parents could've changed my name, because I was named Britney at birth, but my mom and dad thought I'd have enough changes without changing my name. How wrong they were!!!

8) I love to have adventures. Going places I've never been, or looking through an old antique shop with lots of small nick-nacks that wouldn't matter, but are awesome to look at seem like treasures to me. I would love to go on adventure like those that you read about in books, but since it is unlikely, I will leve that to my imagination, which happens to be huge! Sometimes I can even look at people and make up adventures about them, based upon their unique looks. I love looking at people that look totally different than the norm!

Well, that's all about me. Don't forget to tag all ur friends!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!