I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

July 16, 2007

My Birthday Weekend

Well, this weekend, my parents took me and my friend, Ashley, the Indiana Beach campground. On Friday, we picked her up, and then we drove over to the campground and got set up. After that, Ashely and I went walking around until we had to come back, because it was getting dark. Then we stayed outside all night playing games and talking... trust me, talking all night wasn't an issue for us! Then Ashley and I stayed in my grandparents' camper. We started watching a movie, but we only lasted for about 30 minutes! Then on Saturday when we got up, we all got ready and went over to the park. Ashley and I walked around by ourselves, while my family took my little sisters to all the kiddie rides... they loved that! Then at about 6, Ashely's parents came down to let Anna, Ashely's little sister, ride the rides as well. We all ate dinner together at a restaurant inside the park. They had a guy playing live music there, and he started talking to us, and found out that it was my birthday, so he sang/played happy birthday to me, with the whole restaurant singing along! I was a little embarrassed... okay, a lot embarrassed... but it was fun! I'd say my favorite ride was the Chaos, because we went upside down. Ashley's favorite was the Shooting Star. We both were able to ride every ride we wanted to. The park closed officially at 11 o'clock, but they didn't start shutting the rides down 'til about 11:45. My grandparents were bushed, so they and the rest of my family left, while Ashely and I stayed and rode every other ride that was opened still. We (literally) ran from one ride to another, in order to ride them all. I think we rode on the Galaxy 5 or 6 times! Then on Sunday, we had to leave. We still had a fun time on the trip home, though, because we played word games the whole time... well, the whole time we weren't asleep! We're both avid readers, so it was fun challenging eachother about our word choice. I know it sounds like a really nerdy game (which it was!) but it was fun! It was really cool having Ashley with me, because even though we've been friends since 3rd grade, we hadn't had a chance to be together outside of school activities for a long time, and we both have a lot in common. We're both christians, love to read!!!, would love to become actresses, and our parents seemed to hit it off really well! Plus, she's hilarious, and had me cracking up most of the weekend. Well, I think I should probably get off of here because my parents are back home, and my mom has a huge migraine. BTW, here's a pic. of Ashley and I on Sunday... I only have a hat on because I forgot my straightener... trust me, you wouldn't wanted to have seen me w/o my hat on!!! C ya!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!