I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 27, 2007

Fall Musical

Okay, so today in Theatre Mrs. Neatin told us about the upcoming fall musical. We're going to be putting on 'Once Upon A Mattress', and I think I'm going to try out. I put a You Tube video on here of part of the emmy-nominated play (which will most definitely be a ton better than ours!!) Anyway, I'm excited, and a couple of my friends are trying out, too. The auditions are going to be next Tuesday and Wednesday. So, as you can see, I'm really psyched for that.
I'm extremely glad that auditions are NEXT week, because I'm not feeling all that well. I had a headache on Saturday, and ever since then I've had a runny nose, watery eyes, a headache, and a bit of a fever. I absolutely HATE being sick, but I can usually get over things pretty fast, so I should be over this by next week: right in time for auditions. I have a little bit of an advantage, because the judges tend to think more kindly on theatre students, and two of my teachers are going to be casting the roles... hopefully those teachers like me! lol. I know I've got to get in based on my own talent, though. Well, It was a short post, but I have to go to bed. Since my mother refuses to homeschool me, I must go to school even when I'm sick. "O, woe is me, I am troubled." haha. ;]


1 comment:

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

I will be praying for your auditions! If you make it you can bet we will be there to watch!

*COME BACK SOON!!