I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

September 23, 2007

Homecoming Dance



Ok, I'm sure you're all mad at me because I haven't posted anything in, like, months! I've been sooo busy with school, and we're moving, so I've been helping my parents pack stuff up, and I haven't really found much time to do anything on the computer besides check my mail. BUT.... last night was extremely exciting. Me and my friends all went to the Homecoming Dance. It was much fun! The dance started at 8 pm, but we didn't get in until 9, because the line was so long for the sophomores. Apparently all of my class went! I met up with Ashley before going inside, cause we were calling each other pretty much every 10 minutes from between 7:30, and the time we got together. Once we found each other, her dad wanted to take a couple pictures, so we smiled for that, and then went and got in line. I think our dads talked for a while. Apparently they had a lot to talk about, because both of them gave us talks the whole way to the dance about kissing, being respectable, yada yada yada;) So we stood in line for a while, but we weren't idle. We were talking to everyone else, and then Brian didn't know what to wear, so he called and I had to give him a run-down about what other people were wearing. I pretty much had to tell him exactly what to wear, because he's very fashion-illiterate! He looked good, though, once he wore what I told him to... he even admitted that he looked good... lol! So we got inside, and we found another friend, Allen, already there, so we went in, found a table, and started dancing! It was a blast. I danced with Ashley (of course), and then Brian, Allen, and Ben (he's a sophomore, too). We also saw my french teacher from last year, so Brian and I talked to her for a little bit. The only disappointing thing about the night was that I didn't find Wilson until the dance was over. The lights were off the whole time, because the theme was neon, so they had the black lights on, but you really couldn't see anybody clearly unless they were right in front of you. I did see him, though, once the lights came on after the dance was over. I must admit, he looked pretty cute! Anyway, that was how my night went. When we finally got out of the building, I started looking for my ride, aka: my daddy! We were all still talking though, so that took a lot longer than it normally would. Still, it was a blast... I can't wait for next year! lol... so, I think that's pretty much the exciting part of my week. We're moving, so it's been a chore packing. I really haven't had much free-time this weekend at all, because on Friday night we were packing, all during Saturday afternoon we were packing and cleaning, because someone came at 4 and took pictures of our house to put a virtual tour of it online. Then I started getting ready for the dance, and went to that at 7:30, and didn't get home until 11 or so. I got some laundry done after that, and then went to bed. Today when I got up, though, my mom's blood was off, and so her legs and wrists were hurting. So since she wasn't really up for doing anything, I've been making dinner (parmesan chicken) and then she helped me make banana bread. I'm so hungry!!! Well, I better go... wouldn't want to ruin even more brain cells that I already have. just kidding. anyway, c ya!


No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!