I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

October 27, 2007

Beautiful Old People


Does anybody else just, like, adore old people?! My mom and I were watching a movie on tv today, and we saw a commercial for Oreo cookies, and it has this little boy smile, and he's missing his 2 front teeth; then it has his grandpa smile, and he's missing all of his teeth. I told my mom that I loved that commercial, and we started talking about old people. I know it sounds weird, but I think old people are just great. When you watch them, it's like they're all so calm and could really care less about what's coming next in life. And they're all adorable. Plus, they have so much that they could teach us. They've got so much experience, and they're so sweet! To me, they're the kind of people you'd want for best friends. When you talk, they really listen. In my utmost, humble opinon, I believe we should all try to act more like elderly people!

2 comments:

lori shepler - said...

alright, we can do that (act like elderly people), but i'm putting my foot down right now that i'll NOT start poopin' my pants! - nor will i make you repeat things a million times - do you hear me? - hey, i said did you hear me? - brittan... did you heeeeaaaarrrr me??

mom

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Oh..COME ON lori!! THAT I would PAY to see! LOL

*COME BACK SOON!!