I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

November 17, 2007

I love my support system!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllll, to be perfectly honest, I'm not that happy today. You see, I've liked this guy, Wilson, for a while now, and I'm really good friends with one of Wilson's best friends, Darrien. So Darrien said he would ask Wilson if he liked me or not. And to make a long story short, because this has been going on for a while because Darrien couldn't ever get a straight answer, but anyway... Wilson said that "I'm really pretty but just not his type". So sort of needless to say, I'm really bummed. I mean, Wilson had known for a while that I liked him, so when he didn't say anything, I started to assume that he didn't like me, but it was quite a let-down, nonetheless. I mean, does he even know his type?! I don't think so!!! But even if he did, I'm pretty sure I'd still be his type! But I'm determined to move on, because in the end, I know I'll live. I have very supportive friends and family, and Darrien even offered to give me Wilson's cell phone number in case I decided that I wanted to stalk him! lol. I found that hilarious. But before I even knew Wilson's answer, I'd been preparing myself to let it go. Apparently my parents knew that something wasn't right with me, because the other day my mom confronted me and goes, "What's going on?" So then, of course, I started crying, and gave her the latest Wilson news, so her little pep talk helped me to start moving on before I even got his answer.
So... with that in mind, my day hasn't been that great. I learned this news during lunch, and on my way back to class, Brian was trying to make me laugh and he says, "Watch, you're going to start laughing really hard and then end up bawling. I know you. That's exactly the kind of thing you'd do." Of course, I started laughing and ended the laugh by tearing up, but to cheer me up, Brian offered to create our 75th wedding anniversary invitations (it's an inside joke we have, because during homecoming, he and I were in the parade and we walked it the whole way. Then after school we walked over to the library, only to find that it was going to close in 10 minutes... so we then walked over to McDonalds and got some ice cream, but by this time we were both looking like lobsters and our muscles were sore, and as we were talking about all of our aches and pains, we started sounding like a 75-year old couple. So there's the history behind that little joke)
Anyway, like I said, I've got extremely supportive family and friends, so I'm sure I'll be just fine with the help of their support... it just may take a few days!
Well, we're traveling to Ohio tomorrow, and we're supposed to be leaving around 10, so I should probably shut this computer down and go to bed. Thanks for listening to my woes ; )

2 comments:

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Aww ((((((((Brittan))))))))...I am sorry to hear that :( I know you have heard it's his loss before...but it's true. God knows who exactly is supposed to be in your life and he will bring him right to you! Cry your tears but know that God has bigger things in store for you!

Georgi said...

this wilson character must be a fool....or else darrien, chris, and brian are in competition for you. maybe they are telling you what they WANT wilson to think about you.
no matter, God has someone sooooo special, then ol' wilson can EAT HIS HEART OUT!!
i love you baby girl,
nana

*COME BACK SOON!!