I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

December 02, 2007

Enchanted by Enchanted


Well, yesterday I went with my family to see the new movie Enchanted. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! Yeah, I loved it. It's about this wanna-be princess in an animated land that gets pushed into a well by an evil queen. She ends up in New York, where 'dreams never come true.' She finally finds a man and his daughter that are kind to her and try to help her. Since she knows that her prince-to-be is coming to find her, she stays with them until he does, but finds herself falling in love with the man who is helping her. I won't give out any more than that, because to say anymore would be a bit of a spoiler. But in case you were pondering the thought of seeing it, I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed not many people were posting recent 'comment luv!' I've wanted to see the movie for a while, but my family and I rarely go to the movies; Blockbusters is the place to go! Hey, I thought you had posted a poem on your blog?! I can't find it...and no not the lord of the rings one; it was one that you wrote!!! It was really good!
Nicole <3

Anonymous said...

p.s. I don't know why the comment says anonymous seeing as how it says "nicole" right at the end!!!! lol

Brit said...

thanks, nicole!!!
and yea, the poem's down there somewhere. u may have to dig, tho
; )

*COME BACK SOON!!