I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

January 07, 2008

Mixing it up a bit

Hi everyone. I thought I'd mix things up a little on here. I had my Dad scan some pics I thought were really cool. They're kind of random, because I just happened to see them as my mom and I were going through some pictures in the garage. Hope you enjoy!






Ok, this one is one that I took when I went to Haiti. I was standing on a very small staircase on the outside of the Visa Lodge. I thought it was a great shot.

This' also in Haiti (all of these pics are) but I'm not sure which trip it was. I just loved the way you could see the different shades of blue in the water.

Well, I know I didn't take this one, but if you look at the wall behind the bowl, you can see that the occupants of the house have scrubbed the dirt in the shape of a cross. That's truley simple faith.


This was taken the trip when I went. It's the inside of a hotel there. I found it amazing that inside of the building was so tranquil, when outside of its walls there was such devastation. Kind of like life.

And this one was taken as we were driving on a road in the mountains. I just found it cool!

Well, that's all I have for today. I've got some more that I'll probably post, like, tomorrow sometime. I start back to school on Tuesday, so if you don't happen to hear from me for a while, that mean that I'm booked... literally. lol!
oh yeah, and I forgot to tell y'all that it's Karleigh's fourth birthday on Tuesday, so she's pretty excited about that. Dont tell her, but we're gonna take her to Chuck E. Cheese's: her favourite place ever! Well, now I really have to go. TTYL :)



No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!