I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

April 25, 2008

Not Much To Say Today

Well, I don't have much to say today. It's friday, and that's a good thing... i don't have school on monday either. I'm starting to get summer fever already, and it isn't even summer yet! I love being outside, especially when we're having warm weather, and the spring is no exception. I love to finally see the leaves on the trees, and the delicate flowers popping their heads up. Finally, the grass is green, and the wind makes me want to fly away with it. As i was thinking about all of this this evening, sitting outside and listening to everything around me, i started wondering: "What all does the wind hear?" I mean, I never thought about it before, but i'm sure the wind hears so many things.
The lady exercising, talking on her cell phone, chewing out a co-worker on the phone
The little girls swinging, trying to catch the leaves that always seem out of their reach, no matter
how high they get, and trying to determine who is getting the highest.
The boys playing basketball in the cul-de-sac, talking about the latest game
The young couple, talking about their plans for the future.
The old couple, talking of the years before, when they were young, and all the childish things he did to catch her attention, without knowing that he already had her attention without doing a thing.
And the young girl, sitting in the grass, watching the sky, and dreaming about where the wind is going, and what it gets to see and hear. Wishing aloud that she could drift with the wind.
So sometimes, even the littlest details can hear the most amazing things.

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!