I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

March 13, 2007

A New Week

Well, it's a new week, and already it seems to be going by fast. Yesterday my mom, dad, nana, and grandpa all went to Chicago for the day to get my grandparent's dossier stamped by the haitian consolate. They didn't come home until around 6 or 6:30, but when they did, everyone was really tired! I've only been with them once, but when I did, I was tired when I came back too, and they had Kiara and Karleigh with them! They said it was a bunch of fun, though, and they got the dossier done and it's already in the mail. Now all we can do is sit and pray that we get Madisyn home as quickly as possible.

Today my mom is doing the girls' hair, because we have a wedding to go to on Saturday in Ohio, so I've pretty much been helping her since I got home from school, but I'm LOVING the weather we're having! It's really warm with a little breeze. It doesn't feel anything like winter anymore, and thats just fine with me!

A few days ago I got another email from Madisyn, and I (obviously) replied. I was so excited to be able to email with her! It's been great being able to get to know her before she gets here. Licia has been receiving my emails and then translating them into Creole so that Madisyn can understand. Here's a pic of her now...

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!