I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

March 07, 2007

Poor Karleigh!



My day today, well, it was pretty good, but yesterday was kind of hectic, because Karleigh had to get stitches in her lip (that is her above) ... but let me go back to the beginning. My mom went with my Nana 2 days ago to do something at the Statehouse for her adoption, so when I came home from school at 3:00, I was by myself. Ruby then came home at 4:00, and I watched her until Mom came home. Mom pulled into the driveway at around 7 o'clock, but when I went out to help her with the other two girls, she was parked at the bottom of the driveway and was standing outside, leaning into the back seat. Well, at the time, I thought she was getting onto one of the girls, but I found out later that Kiara had told mom to stop the car really quickly (apparently she was just teasing), but when mom did, Karleigh had undone her seatbelt and smashed her mouth into the back of the seat in front of her. Needless to say, Mom freaked. There was blood everywhere, and mom said that she thought it had cracked one of Karleigh's teeth. So she dropped Kiara off with me and drove to the hospital. Her and dad didn't get back to the house until midnight, after Karleigh had gotten her stitches. She had to get two in her bottom lip. I felt so sorry for her, because when I got stitches in my finger, they had to give you a shot directly in the cut, and it hurt me, so I know it hurt her! So she had to get stitches, and the inside of her gums got really bruised, as did her chin. Blood got all over her seat and on her coat, but thankfully that all washed out. Pray that I don't fall on the ice tomorrow, because I'm going ice skating! I'm really excited, becaus I've only been once before, but it was so much fun... I loved being able to spin around on the ice. I can't wait!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!