I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

March 04, 2007

Bridge To Terabithia

Well, we went to the movies last night to see Bridge to Terabithia, and it was soooooo good! You HAVE to go see it. It was so good that in the end, I cried! I won't give anything away, but everyone has to see it! On the other hand, I have finally signed up for 3 events for my l'Association des eleves de francais d'Indiana competition (my frenchy comptetition). I am going to recite a french poem, perform a skit in french with some friends, and then I'm going to take a french vocabulary test. I'm really looking forward to them all, but I can't wait to recite the poem, because I'm pretty good at memorizing poems, but I've never been challenged to perfrom one in French!
I think I'm going to submit a poem that I wrote for a literary magazine contest. I'm really not sure of the submission date, so I'm going to finish it as soon as possible, that way I won't miss the due date. I'm going to go ahead and type it here, and I welcome any proofing errors or suggestions in any way that I can make it better. Just to warn you, it's a little long, so I apolgoze! Well, here goes:
The wind smells like freedom. The air is my companion. It fills my lungs and refreshes my soul. The sun on my shoulders is less than a burden. It is a blessing... and one that I will gladly receive. Though I go without food, I have not hunger. Though I have no water to wet my lips, my mouth is not parched, because I can see peace on their faces, and Strength beyond compare. Though others may not see it, I know it is there. Their joy fills my being in a way that no food could ever replace. When I hear the children's laughter, it is music to my ears. When I see my sisters' smile, it is like a new light to a blind man, When I see them dancing, I feel as if I were dancing with them. For this ismy country. It can never be less. Wherever I go, it will never leave me. You have molded me, as a potter molds his clay. I came out of my country's earth. I am born of its land. I will never forget you, dear Coutry. No matter where I am, or what adventures I may seek, I will always think of you. For you have made me, Country. And one day my children, or my children's children, or maybe even I, shall remake you.
There it is. Like I said, I welcome any suggestions!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!