I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

February 28, 2007

My Day


Well, today was sort of uneventful. We did some yoga for about an hour and a half this morning in gym, and that felt really good, because last class I had to do all of my fitness testing, which consisted of running a mile, then running another lap, doing sit-ups, doing push-ups, a sit-and-reach test, and then jump roping. By the time I had all of that finished, I was a little sore, so the stretching really helped! I'm really looking forward to Friday, because we're going ice skating! I've never been ice skating before, but it looks like it would be really fun, and I can't wait to try it out. I know that for my french competition,I'm going to recite a poem in French, but that is the only thing thats set in stone. All of my other ideas are subject to change! In Geography, we're supposed to be writting a paper on what has shaped our current foreign policy in the Middle East, and I finally finished that today. After 7 pages of writting and tons of research, I am really excited to turn it in. I had my dad revise it and give me his opinion on what I needed to change, and so I worked on those revisions for a couple of days, but I finished those today.
I went to the library today, and I checked out two books that I can't wait to read. The first one is called the Last Disciple. It's about a christian that is living through the Tribulation, and has uncovered a special code hidden in the book of revelation, and that secret could be deadly if it is in the hands of the Anti-Christ, or 'the beast', as he is known. That book sounded really good to me, because I love reading books about the Tribulations, and I really enjoyed the Left Behind series, so this book looked appealing. The other book is called When Dad Killed Mom. It's about a young girl whose parents were arguing, and the mother turns up dead. Of course, everyone believes that the Dad did it, but she has to decide for herself whether she believes that or not. All the while, her and her only sibling, a younger brother, start drifting apart, and her family starts crumbling. Then she has to deal with where she and her brother will go if her dad goes to prison, and she really doesn't want to get on welfare. That one sounded really good too, and since I couldn't decide, I got them both! It seemed like a very logical solution to me, but I only hve two weeks before I have to turn them back in, so I'd better start reading!
Well, I think I'd better go, because I need to get to sleep. I have been tired all day today, and I have to get up tomorrow at 5:30! I'll post soon!
P.S.-
Mom, if you're reading this, you might want to go and check out your guesbook! Someone special signed it!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!