I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

April 25, 2007

The Dinner Game




Well, today has been an OK day for me, but I've been kind of out of it. I fell asleep on the bus, and if you've ever been on my bus, you would understand that's almost impossible, because everyone's talking, the bus driver is talking over the loud speaker at everyone to be quiet, and nobody listens, so he just turns his country music radio station up louder. Trust me, it's terrible in the mornings! Anyway, the whole day was like that. I couldn't hardly stay awake during Geography, but then during Journalism/Broadcasting, we were testing the ENTIRE period, so that woke me up... a little! Then I went on to English, which was completely boring, but during French, we got to watch a french movie called The Dinner Game, which was extremely funny. It was about a guy who has to take an 'idiot' to this fake dinner party at which this guy and his friend make fun of all the idiots there all night without them every knowing. It was funny, though, because the main character's idiot happens to come to his house just as his wife leaves a message on their answering machine that she may leave him. Well, this 'idiot', Francois, tries to help our main character, and ends up shooing his actual wife out of the house, thinking that it was our character's girlfriend. In the end, it turns out that Francois learns about how he was supposed to be our character's idiot, but phones the wife, who got in a car accident and was in the hospital, that she should not leave him, because he felt extremely sorry for him, because his wife left him 2 years ago, and he never really got over it. Anyway, she at first thinks that her husband is feeding Francois his lines. He quickly assures he that he's at a telephone booth (which he isn't... he's exactly where the wife thought he was, but he wasn't being fed his lines). So she says that she'll call her husband in a minute, after she's had time to think things through. She almost immediately calls her husband, where Francois is, just jumping with anticipation, and as soon as the phone rings, he answers the phone! It was really funny, but I guess you just had to be there. Well, I'm going to sign off, because I'm watching 'Idol Gives Back.' It's really good tonight! Well, L8R!


The tallest you can ever be is when you stoop to help a child

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!