I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

April 29, 2007

French Congres

Well, yesterday I went to the French Congres, and it was a BLAST! Me, Heather, and Brian (two of my best friends) went, along with three other freshmen French students, some juniors, and eighth graders. When we first got there, we played a game of 'How well do you know your French teacher?'. We totally won that game, because everyone who has Madame Tharp-Taylor as a teacher knows her really well... she's really nice. Anyway, our first competition was a skit. We did really good, but we didn't place. That kind of surprised us, because we got several good comments, and the eighth graders asked Madame if they were that good. We even had one group come up and ask us if we were fluent! I told Brian that we should have looked at them and said 'Desolee, mais je ne comprends pas' (that means 'Sorry, I don't understand') Still, it was a lot of fun performing. We worked a long time on it, and spent tons of time after school rehersing, so it was cool being able to show it to other students. My next competition was sight reading, and Brian competed in that as well, so we sat and chatted until we were called. Neither of us placed in that, but it was still fun trying. I went to recite a poem in French next, and Heath & Brian went to two other competitions. I was really nervous about this session, because I had worked really hard on the pronunciation for my poem, Dors Mon Enfant. It was even worse in the holding room, where we sat while waiting for the judges to call us, because most people that came in said that the judges were tough, and a ton said that they hesitated and/or forgot some lines, which we get marked down for. When I was called, I was still really nervous, and even more so when I saw the judges, but I recited the poem without hesitating, and I didn't forget any of my lines. I was just happy that I didn't forget anything! It seemed like the judges took forever in posting the results, but when they finally did, I was posted as getting 3rd place! I was really excited, so I called my mom and told her all about it! I felt really bad for Heath and Brian, though, because they didn't place in anything. I tried not to talk about it that much, but I was considerably happy from that point on! Eventually, on the final judging, I got moved up to second place! Needless to say, the day was really fun, but but by the time the bus arrived back at school, I was really sick. I still am today, so I'm not going to school tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple days.
We also just found out that in 2 weeks from Tuesday, my mom and grandparents are going to Haiti for a week to visit Madisyn and have pics taken on Nana and Grandpa with her to prove that they have been with Madisyn before. Usually this means that we'll get Madisyn throughthe system quicker.

Well, I think i'll post l8r. bye-bye!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!