I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

July 23, 2007

HAIRSPRAY


Oh my gosh!!! Tonight we went to see the movie Hairspray, and it was soooooo good! I loved it... i don't think anybody wouldn't! it was extremely funny, but there was a good message to it as well. So, y'all have to see it! (Apparently, my dad didn't learn anything, because as we were coming out of the theatre, we saw this couple. The guy was extremely thin, and the woman [not to be offensive] was stockier. When my dad sees them, he goes "wow! he looks awefully thin to be with that woman!")

Anyway, we went to church this morning, and then we went out to eat... we went to Sahm's and it was really good. then we went to my grandparents' house for the afternoon. As usual, my grandpa acted strange. (jk grandpa!!!) I don't know what we're doing this week, but on thursday we're going camping at Heartland with my aunt and uncle. Then the weekend after, we're going to haitian camp... okay, let's do a subject change! all this is reminding me that i'm going to be starting school again in about 4 weeks!

well, i better go. i have some stuff to do before i go to bed, and i'm tired! l8r!!!

3 comments:

Georgi said...

Brit,
i love your new blog page. soooo interestingi don't know how grandpa is going to like it though, you saying he was acting strange? my dear, he wasn't acting.....just joking!
now i am wanting to go and see Hairspray.
love you bunches,
nana

Anonymous said...

4 weeks??? It's more like exactly 3 weeks my dear.

Love Ya,
Heath

Unknown said...

Saw your comment on another post was going to help you with your signature. I see you have one, GREAT!! I loved Hairspray, too. Seaweed,(Elijah Kelley) is actually from my town. Last Sat. they had a big "red Carpet" event for him downtown at the theater. I didn't go. Didn't want to fight the teenagers so I headed north for the movie. After seeing it I wished I had gone uptown. Oh, well.

*COME BACK SOON!!