I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

July 11, 2007

I'm Officially 16!

Well, it's true... I am officially 16! Yesterday was my birthday... we went to Chicago for the day. We had to go there anyway, because my mom had to do some stuff for a friend's adoption, but my parents just chose to make a day of it. We got to do some sight-seeing, and then we went to the Navy Pier. There we took a boat tour of the Chicago coast, did some fun shopping, and then ate dinner at the Be-Bop cafe. It was really fun, and my sisters seemed to have fun, too. Our morning started out a little rocky, because my mom thought she lost a bunch of money that was Barbara's, and she totally flipped. We had to go to the bank, who said it wasn't deposited, and then she went back home to search for it, and it wasn't there. We really couldn't do anything else, though. Last night when she finally called Barbara, though, she told Mom that she deposited it in a different account and had already spent it! I thought my mom was going to cry, she was so relieved... seriously, she looked like she could. Even so, she still had a fun day, too.
We also got to eat at my favorite mexican restaurant, Pepe's, in Lafayette for lunch. It was great... as usual! When we first got in there, though, I was suddenly bombarded with text messages and phone calls of people telling me happy birthday. Somehow, they all subconsiously chose to tell me at the same time! It was confusing, but I finally replied to everyone. It was still a lot of fun, though. It is also final that Ashley is going with us this weekend to Indiana Beach. I can't wait!
Well, I had better go check my sisters. I'm babysitting, and for some reason, Kiara can't seem to stay in bed. Plus, my mom's on her way home, and I need to pick the house up a little bit... you know how that goes! Well, l8r!!!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!