I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

July 05, 2007

It's July Already!

OH MY GOSH!!! It's already July! I wake up this morning at 11 o'clock, prepared to go on and enjoy another beautiful summer day (most likely doing nothing!) and as I'm talking to my mom, she points out that I have 5 weeks left of my summer before school starts again! I really am looking forward to my sophomore year because I have a lot of fun classes on my schedule, but I am sooo not ready for summer to be ending!

I have been doing some really exciting things this summer, though. At the beginning of the summer, we went to Florida and got to see some pretty cool thins. When we went to Disney World, we went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, which was awesome for me... I love those movies! I got two shirts with POTC stuff on them, too. Then we went on Space Mountain, which was my second favorite ride. My little sister, Kiara, who is 5, went on it, too. She loved it, and kept her hands up the whole time!

Then, we went to Universal Studios and we all saw Shrek and Donkey... that was fun. It was neat getting to see their 'Main Street', too. They had the street set up like an older New York street, with lots of cute little shops. It was really neat getting to see the stuff in the shops. We also got to go to Cocoa Beach, and went to Ron Jon's surf shop... that was awesome! I got a shirt, a really cute purse, and some other funs tuff from there.

We've also went camping this summer for the first time last week. We went from Tuesday to Sunday with my Nana & Grandpa, and almost all of my aunts and uncles, plus several cousins. One of my cousins that came was Tiffany, which was awesome for me, because besides being related, we're really good friends.

Then last night we went over to Cicero and watched fireworks. That was cool for me because all of my family was there, including my brother... I don't really get to see him a lot, so that was fun. We all ate pizza and candy (I chose Gobstoppers... yumm!) and watched the fireworks and the people.

I think next weekend we're going camping at Indiana beach, and I think my friend is coming with us. Then 2 weeks later we're going to Haitian camp, which is a weekend camping trip at a church camp where anyone who is even remotely tied to Haiti comes and everyone just sits and talks and all the kids can go and play. It's a lot of fun for me, though, because I get to see a lot of my friends that I hardly ever get to be with because of distance and stuff like that, so I'm looking really forward to it.

So, even though I haven't blogged in a month, I AM doing some really exciting things.

Plus, in 5 days, I'm turning 16!!! I can't wait! I already received my birthday present from my parents, though, because it only had a 15-day warranty, and they wanted to make sure it actually worked. They got me a Zen Plus, which is an awesome mp3 player. It's extremely small, and can store 1,000 songs, pictures, videos, and pretty much anything you can think of... needless to say, I love it!!! Yesterday we went to Fry's Electronics, where my brother works, and I got a 3 covers for it. My actual player is black and lime green, and then I got a clear, black, and blue cover for it, with a clip for each one to hook onto my pocket, or something like that.

Well, I better go, because I've been on the computer for, like, ever! Hopefully I'll remember to keep this up! C ya :)

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!