I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 24, 2007

Brave

I wanted to share with you some lyrics that I'm sure some of you are familiar with. It's a song called 'Brave' by Nichole Nordeman. I'll let you read them first, and then I'll add my own little insight, cause I know you all want to hear! lol.

free music
So without further adieu:
The gate is wide, the road is paved to moderation
the crowd is kind and quick to pull you in
welcome to the middle ground, it's safe and sound and
until now it's where I've been

Cuz it's been fear that ties me down to everything
but it's been love, Your love that cuts the strings

(Chorus) So long status quo, I think I just let go
you make me wanna be brave
the way it always was It's no longer good enough
You make me wanna be brave
brave, brave

I am small and I speak when I'm spoken to
But I am willing to risk it all
To say your name, just your name, and I'm ready to go
Even ready to fall

Wided-eyed, take this fowl compromise
Why did I try to keep it all inside (back to Chorus)

I've never known a fire that didn't begin with a flame
And every storm will start with just a drop of rain
But if you believe in me, that changes everything
(Back to Chorus)

So there it is, and now I'll tell you why I put them on here. As I listen to the song and really meditate on the words, I start to get the greatest feeling inside, like I just wanna jump out and be someone new. It's incredible, how the words are so relevant to all of us. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in our lives: preperation for tomorrow, 'fitting in' with the crowd, pleasing everyone around us; that we forget to have fun on the journey. We've just got to break away from the everyday routines and do something new. Somehow, that's usually not a problem for me =) (no comments please, mom!)
Well, I think that's all I've got for now. I'll probably post later about my day!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!