I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 05, 2007

Haitian Camp

Well, I'm back! I had an awesome weekend with tons of friends at Hiatian Camp, which is where a lot of families who've adopted from Haiti come and camp for the weekend. It was really exciting, but I'm kind of depressed, because i have to go back to school next week- ugh!
I wanted to type this up for y'all. I read this by my nana's computer and wrote it down, like, a year ago. I thought of it today for some reason and dug it out of my coat pocket. Anyway, here it is. Hope it uplifts you, just as it does me.
"While praying one day, a woman asked, "Who are you, Lord?" He answered, "I am." "But who is I am?" she said. And he replied: "I am love, I am peace, I am grace, I am joy. I am the way, the truth, and the light... I am the comforter, I am Strength, I am safety, I am shelter, I am Powe, I am the creator. I am the beginning and the end, I am the Most High."
The girl, with tears in her eyes, said, "Now I understand. But Lord, who am I?" Then God tenderly wiped the tears from her eyes and whispered,
"You are mine."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brit,
This is Cheryl, Tom's wife who updates the HomelessChild blog. We met a few years ago at the February Ft. Wayne adoption gathering. Anyway the girl whose post my husband posted about is a friend of the Zachary's. Her name is also Britt. :-) Your mom probably knows (about) them. If not, here is a link to their blog:
http://www.livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/
I know you will enjoy reading about this family living in Haiti.
Cheryl
PS. I'll put my blog address down on here but I haven't updated it in forever.

*COME BACK SOON!!