I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 01, 2007

Biker Mama


Well, yet again, I have some blog material... and some dirt on my mother! *but shhhh, don't tell her!*



Today we went to the park with my sisters and mom, my nana, and then my two cousins, Meagan (5 yrs) and Katie (2 yrs). When we left, we went for pizza, and then we had my nana follow us, because she wasn't sure how to get back to Pendleton from the pizzeria. So when it's time for us to part ways, both vehicles in this outfit role down their windows and start waving at each other. At this point, my nana is in the lane to turn left, and we're in the lane to turn right. In between us is a lane to go straight, and in this lane is this guy, probably in his mid-30s, on a huge motorcycle. I guess my mom didn't notice, but he thought that she was waving at him, so (remembering that we have our windows roled down and he's on a Harley) he tells my mom 'hi'. I think my mom was confused for a minute, because the first thing she says is 'hello', then after a pause she explains that she was waving at the car next to him. He says okay, and we all drive off. But, if you know me, I can find something funny in everything. As we pull away, I tell my mom that she doesn't have to use eHarmony, she can just go around town waving at guys on Harleys.
So now my mom has a biker-dude boyfriend... does that make her a biker mama? (i'm just kidding here, I hope u know)

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!