I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

July 31, 2007

The Saleswoman

Alright, well, I have a lot of blog material to write about, and so little time. Let's get to it, shall we?
As you should know by reading previous posts, today and yesterday was what I like to call 'hair season', so we've been home all day braiding hair. So yesterday I was in the kitchen making breakfast, and my mom was in the living room. All of a sudden Karleigh comes out of their room and is holding a baby doll. Then she eloquently informs us that this baby's name is Kela, and that she got it from Kiara's tummy. Then Kiara comes in and, again, tells us her name is Kela, and that they got it from Kiara's tummy and adopted her from California! So I think what happened there was that they mixed both ways of having kids into one scenario. I found that one extremely funny.
Then today was another fun day of braiding, so we're all sitting around in our pajamas, hair a mess, and no thoughts of how we look, when the door bell rings. My dad answers the door, and there was a door-to-door saleswoman standing there, shifting her weight from one foot to another asking to use our bathroom. Since my dad really didn't know what to say, he told her she could, as my mom and I are trying to scramble out of sight. Believe me, it would've been very funny if it were happening to someone else. So this woman goes into my bathroom and stays in there FOREVER! And we knew she was finished, because we'd heard her flush the toilet and wash her hands. Then my dad goes into his room and comes out with a gun!!! For anyone who knows my dad, you'd know that he doesn't get excited very easily. So him coming out holding this gun was a huge shock to me. So dad is standing in our living room with a gun behind his back, hollering to the lady in the bathroom and asking her if everything was alright. And, if any of you know me, I'm finding this mildly exciting. How often is it that my dad has a gun in his hand, especially when there's a possible target? So he sits there and hollers for her a couple of times, and she doesn't answer. So my dad, still with the gun behind his back, carefuly walks into the entry way, and finally the lady comes out. She cordially thanks us for our restroom, and abruptly leaves. Well, I'm kind of bewildered here, and my dad tells me to go check the bathroom and see if anything was missing. After checking for quite awhile, we're all convinced that nothing was taken or placed back in there. Then later, my mom starts telling my dad that she doesn't want that gun to be accesible, because of my sisters getting bigger and being able to reach us. My dad's reply is that it wasn't even loaded.
Talk about bursting my bubble. My dad's supposedly protecting us with an empty gun!
Well, anyway, I think that was the highlight of my day. I just thought it was funny that my dad's prepared to use an empty gun to protect us from a salesperson. How ironic!
Well, I better go. C ya later!

No comments:

*COME BACK SOON!!