I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 14, 2007

Living my life and being blessed doing it

Alright, it's is 4:30 (4:26 to be exact) and I am still awake! I made a pledge that I was going to stay awake tonight for as long as I could, because this is my last night of freedom before school starts. I'll have to go to bed at 9:30 tomorrow, cause school starts on Wednesday... how fun.
So here I am, wide awake, and since I've been drawing for a while, I thought I'd do something productive... like blogging! Today my dad got me a new digital camera ;) I was so excited. We had a little issue with the memory card at first, but then we got it worked out, and found that it also fits in my phone (for those of you who aren't very tech savy, I have a camera phone, so I can put that chip in my phone and save my pics on it, then download them on the computer later). It's got 6 mega pixels, so it takes awesome pictures, and I can save around 1,000 pics on my card. I really haven't been able to use it a lot, because everyone's asleep, so I started taking pictures of my sketches. After a while, that got a bit boring.
So I have a bit of a dilema, and I'm not sure how it can be fixed. You see, I'm starting to feel like my sisters' parent. Before you get too weirded out, let me explain: Kiara is going to start Kindergarten this year. She'll be riding the bus in the morning, and going every day in the a.m. Then Ruby is also going to ISD (Indiana School for the Deaf) and she'll be riding the bus twice a day, and she'll be gone everyday as well, but she doesn't get home until 4 in the afternoon. And to top it off, Karleigh starts preschool this year. They're all getting so big, and I miss being able to treat them like little babies... getting to hold them and rocking them to sleep, helping them put their shoes on, helping them pray at night, etc. You see? If I wasn't a big sister and someone told me that, I'd say they were being too sentimental and needed to get over it. But I'M the big sister, and it's almost starting to creep me out. I know that once all of them get into school, our lives will get considerably easier, but I'm starting to miss having a baby of the family around. Even though Karleigh's only 3, she acts so mature and does almost everything by herself... and being around her older sisters just makes her want to act like them. I know it's ridiculous, so I guess I'll just have to slap myself and get over it. Somebody pinch me!
I think the key here is just to keep reminding myself how blessed I am. That should get my mind off of it all!
Anywho, I think that pretty much covers my last day of freedom. I'll probably blog again tomorrow, and share with you all my woes... I know you're excited! lol

1 comment:

lori shepler - said...

i love you brit!

*COME BACK SOON!!