I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies In summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair. I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be when winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see. For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago, and people who will see a world that I shall never know. But all the while I sit and think of times there were before, I listen for returning feet and voices at the door.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring

*this is my blog... be sure to read often, because my life is constantly changing! blessings *

Join a Blog Ring!

Powered by WebRing.

August 22, 2007

My Wednesday

I have to blog quick tonight, b/c i have to go to bed at 9:30, and it's 9:17! So today was a gold day for me, which really isn't all that bad, b/c I've got study hall. I really didn't do anything productive, but I actually enjoyed Geometry today... how weird is that?! I'm hardly ever a science/math person- I'm usually into English and History, but today is that one exception. I'm not even going to begin trying to explain what the lesson was, because I would have to go way too in depth, but take my word for it that it was fun!
I am currently reading a book by Jane Austen called Sense and Sensibility- I would advise anyone who likes chick flicks and understands the sentence structure of a very old America to read it! I say that because 1) it's definitely chick-flick material, and 2) because it's a little hard to read, because of the way that Jane Austen wrote. Since the book is pretty old, and she's an even older author, it's kind of hard to understand. Still, it's an amazing book. It makes you want to cry right along with Marianne and Elinor (the main characters, whom I hope you'll all get to know!) I only started reading her novels because I thought it would be beneficial for when I see the movie that just came out called 'Becoming Jane'. It looked soooo good (plus, it has Anne Hathaway in it!), and I read somewhere that most of the characters that are in her books are somehow alluded to or in the movie.
Well, I guess I gotta go. I gotta put my laptop away and hop in bed in 5 minutes! l8r ;)

1 comment:

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Ok I AM a moth person and I can't stand geometry.....when it comes to Algebra...I will do problems just for fun...ok I am a nerd like that. As for the movie...thanks for the heads up about reffering to her books. I read one of her books back in hs but that was um.....a while back:) I may have to go back and pick up one or two to read before I see the movie!

*COME BACK SOON!!